Covid-19 Precautions: Updated November 2020
Amid the ongoing fight against COVID-19, we have modified our cancellation policy to offer greater flexibility to all our clients. We hope this will alleviate any stress and hesitation you have about an upcoming appointment. If you need to reschedule because you are not feeling well, we understand and request for you to please contact us as soon as possible to reschedule. To further support you, there will be no penalties for cancellations at this time.
Please contact Frisco Massage Therapy if you would like to set up an appointment, and see below for vital information regarding standard health protocols.
1. In all circumstances, it is mandatory that you should not get a massage if you're not feeling well, and particularly if you have a fever. Please cancel your appointment if you meet the any of the following criteria:
Fever, any type of cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, chills, repeated shaking with chills, abnormal muscle pain, headache, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, feeling feverish above 100.0 degrees, known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to presently have COVID-19.
2. Wearing a mask during your session required by the TDLR in accordance with Texas Executive Order GA-29. You will be required to enter the facility wearing a mask and it must remain in place during the massage session. The exceptions for mask wearing include: a client under 10 years of age; a client with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering; masks may be removed during massage or lymphatic work on the face (the mask will be removed for the duration of the work and then replaced when complete.) If you are unable to wear a mask during your massage session, please reschedule for a time after the Executive Order is changed.
3. To ensure safe distancing, we ask that you remain in your car until being called into the office. Waiting in your car permits the client before you to leave, and allows the room to be sanitized before you come in. The waiting room is currently closed to clients and we ask that you bring no guests with you to your session as they will not be able to utilize our facilities while you are in session.
4. Your temperature will be taken before the service begins. We trust that you are taking proper precautions for your health before you come to the office, however, we do know how quickly symptoms can onset. In accordance with the CDC guidelines for a healthcare setting, temperatures above 100° F will be asked to reschedule their session.
4. You will be asked to wash your hands before the session begins. Following CDC guidelines, wash for a full 20 seconds and rinse well.
6. Touchless payment is preferred. You can prepay for your session from the website via the Square or PayPal link found here. Apple and Samsung phone pay is also available at the office. If you prefer using your card at the time of your appointment, you will be able to insert the card yourself and a clean pen will be available for your signature. If paying with cash, we ask that it be placed in a clean envelope before handed over.
Protocols in place for your therapist:
1. All surfaces and contact areas are thoroughly cleaned with disinfectants that meet CDC requirements and are OSHA and EPA approved.
2. As before, a full sheet set is used during the session and a blanket will be provided only upon request. Both will be placed in the laundry after use. A localized heater is available for additional temperature control.
3. All courtesies previously available are now in a closed cabinet and available upon request, including: hair ties, tissue, towels, ring holder, coaster and mints. Water is available for you before and after the service in a self serve area. Tea service has been suspended temporarily
4. Staff temperatures are taken twice a day in accordance with the CDC guidelines for a healthcare setting.
5. A Photo Electro-chemical Oxidation (PECO) air filtration system is in place for increased air quality control.
7. Staff will have a mask in place for the entirety of their time in the office.
8. A commercial disinfection cleaning service is used for office sanitation on a regular basis.
Frisco Massage Therapy appreciate your adherence to these important policies. As always, the health and safety of our clients are at the forefront of our business.